Country : Italy
Region : Sicily
Style : Red Wine
Grape : Nero d'Avola
Volume : 750 ml
Alcohol : 13.0%
Established in 1830, for eight generations, the family of Tasca d'Almerita have been cementing legacy after legacy in the Sicilian wine regions, perfecting their wine production trade that allows them to propel their brand internationally.
Throughout the family's almost 200 years of wine making history, the winery has grown to incorporate five renowned estates, namely
- Tenuta Regaleali at Palermo, at the heart of Sicily, where it all began,
- Tenuta Tascante in the famous region of Etna, east of Sicily,
- Tenuta Capofaro in Salina, island off the northern coast of Sicily,
- Tenuta Sallier de La Tour in Monreale on the west of Regaleali, and
- Tenuta Whitaker on the ancient island of Mozia, off the coast of Western Sicily.
With these expansions, the winery has grown to produce a wide range of quality wines that include reds, whites and sparkings, passionately focusing on crafting from mainly native Sicilian grape varieties, bringing international attention to some of the most distinctive wines in the world.
Tasting Note :
A medium/full-bodied wine that features aromas of ripened blackberries, blackcurrants, cassis, plums and prunes layered by notes of sweet spices, and hints of toast, oak and vanilla. Firm, juicy tannins, strong structure, with a burst-ful of fruit-driven taste, accompanied by a persistent finishing.
Food Pairing :
Meatball pasta in either cream or tomato base, hamburger, BBQ meat, pizza.